Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Virtual Stories > Magic Kingdom Memoirs

Magic Kingdom Memoirs Where dreams are buried, but not forgotten.

Old Dreamer - Book 1 - Arise

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:31 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
Dreamer - Book 1 - Arise

Cold, cold feet stepping gently through the forest, following the figure...

dreamer
arise

Chapter 1
I wanted to go back to sleep. I was having the time of my life. But sometimes you wake up and can't get back to sleep. The thing is, I knew I had a dream, and it was fantastic. But the downer is... I couldn't remember it. Hopefully it would happen again.
"Audrey," Mom called. I came downstairs, my dirtyblonde hair dangling in front of my face. I hadn't brushed or straightened it yet. My hair wasn't exactly curly, but it had one or two huge waves. I didn't like them at all. But oh well.
"Happy Valentines Day and your birthday, kiddo," Mom said, smiling. What? I had totally forgotten. My birthday WAS on Valentines Day! It was so cool. I smiled and sat at my place. I was 14.
"Thanks, Mom," I said, sipping my chocolate milk that was placed right in front of me when I sat down.
"So, are you going to open presents?" Mom asked, sitting next to me.
"What about Da--" I paused. Why had I forgotten? Dad had passed a year ago, and Mom and I were alone. Mom was silent. I shook my head "no" and grabbed the nearest present. But something caught my eye. The wrapping paper around it said:
to my dearest Audrey - from Dad
Why didn't he give it to me last year then, when he was still here? I sniffled and tore the wrapping paper open. There was a box. There was a note on it.
On this your 14th birthday, whether I'm here or not, you're no doubt having a special day. When I was 14, I was given the special gift of...well, you'll see when you open this.
Love you.
- Dad
I flipped open the flap on top and looked in. It was...glowing. Whatever it was. I stuck my hands in and got a good grip on it. It was a glass sphere, almost like a snowglobe. It started glowing a different color--one that nobody knew about, not even me. There's black, there's blue, green, yellow, red, orange, etc. You know, all of the colors. But this sphere had a color you'd never seen or ever would see. I didn't know the name of it. Mom did, though.
"It's Onphlair." she said.
"Oh...the color, you mean?" I asked.
"Yes," she replied.
"Oh...it's beautiful. But I can't even describe the color!" I exclaimed.
"Nobody can--well, except for it's name. Onphlair."
"Oh. Okay."
It was silent for about a minute when Mom said, "You probably want to know what it does, huh?"
I nodded. "Yeah, kind of!" Mom laughed.
"Well, tonight I want you to place it on your night stand." Mom said. "Then you'll know."
"Okay." I said.

Mom and I finished the presents, and because it was a Saturday I didn't have school. So I called up my best friend, Raychelle.
"Hey, Raych," I said.
"Hi! So happy birthday!" Raychelle said. She then sang me three verses of "Happy Birthday" and then she did the whole "Chachacha" thing.
"Thanks," I said, glad it was over.
"Well, bye!" she said. She hung up.
"Wait, what?" I said aloud. That was weird. So I just went upstairs.
I placed my weird snowglobeish thing on my night stand and figured I would try it out, so I took a nap.
But that's when things started getting weird...

Chapter 2
I suddenly appeared in some weird place. A village, sort of. Short people with pointy ears, almost like elves, walked around me, ignoring me. Was this a dream? Well it had to be. But... it felt so real. I pinched myself about 10 times. I didn't wake up.
Well, I thought, I might as well explore. So I walked over to a sign that said in big letters:
Welcome to Crystal
Home of the Onphlair Crystal Spheres,
King Lester and Queen Esther,
& the Elves of the West
Oh, so they were Elves. But this was weird, okay? But what was even weirder was... my dad's name was Lester. What was this?

(Sorry, gtg, I'll continue this later)

Want to be in the story?
Character name:
Character info:

C&c me! =)

Last edited by xoop; 02-14-2009 at 06:35 PM..
Old 02-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
Amazing. I love the cliffhanger in the beginning, already making people beg for more. Your writing style has improved so much! I love it!
Did you create the word Onphlair? Because that is such a cool word.

Want to be in the story?
Character name: Vienna Amaraylis
Character info: She's laid back, mean to people that are mean to her, and always loyal to her friends. Her birthday is on Halloween and she was born in Hollywood, California. She moves frequently.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:39 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
Thanks so much, ViVi! It means so much to me! You're accepted and are signed up for the next chappy =)

(And yesh, I made up Onphlair =))