Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > Collector Items

Collector Items Information about the special items found in VMK, the pins, badges, clothes, furniture, etc. Formerly Items, Badges, Spells, Pins, Furniture, Clothes, etc. forum

Old Bling Magic 10,000 Credits? Reallly?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:28 AM
Registered+

bjalivio1 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Smile Save Credits to buy Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caterpillar AEIOU View Post
I just saw that Bling Magic, full use is 10,000 credits. Is anyone really buying that? They are so much easier to trade for.

If anyone is really buying it, could you please explain why?
Just curious and confused.........

THEY ARE SELL ABLE!!! 2000 credits each!!!!!

hey guys,

Save Credits To Buy Magic Wat you want!!!!!! Its easier if you save credits to buy magic!!!

Old 03-26-2008, 02:45 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Wow, I wonder if anyone has boughten any. LOL
Old 03-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Annoyed
Stemaboat_Tyler is as Frosty as a Snowman
And we're surprised, why? Every magic is 10,000 credits.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

GoofyGeggy is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caterpillar AEIOU View Post
The point is, that this magic was very easy to get plenty of, for FREE!
That it why it is so funny that they are charging 10,000, the same price as other magic, that is a lot more sought after.
Just remember that VMK doesn't care how much people want an item - they set their prices to what they think it should be.

Case in point? Red HKDL shirt...sold for 100 credits. It doesn't matter to them that Buried In Treasure was so readily available - 10K is what they value it at, and that's usually where we begin our value base for a particular item.

If Green Flips were sold, they would probably be for 25 credits (or, at most, what they Black Flips were sold for - 250 credits). If something like Treasure Detector Magic were sold, it would probably be for 10K, not more...
Old 03-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Amuzed
spacerightsummer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Ok if that is the case then why is Invisibility and Teleportation over 10K? These magic pins have the same status as Bling (they do more I know) but they all have this in common. They have never been sold in stores and they were given out as prizes. It must be new math, but I believe Bling should have been sold for 5,000 credits which I believe is the 'actual' worth of all the retired magics ( with exception to the magics being sold right now ). trading magic is actually a foolish idea since I believe this year all the magic pins are coming out. But at what cost? Honestly anyone spending over 5,000 credits for a magic that has never been sold in stores or even had a monetary value from the start has got to be a mental patient. Yeah I have not bought one Bling yet considering I got all free through Treasure Detector. Even though some laugh at the price of Bling, I was not surprised considering vmk does as they wish and if they want to overprice a magic pin that in reality is only worth 5K credits, then that is just what they are going to do
Old 03-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Goofyjenn

Jenngoofys is as Frosty as a Snowman
To me bling should have been 2000 since snowman is 5000. Seems silly to charge so much after giving it away for free it would be like charging 10000 for coral right now LOL vmk really amuses me. seriously what about all the little kids who cant earn as many credits. it is suposed to be a kids game for goodness sakes how does vmk expect kids in school to earn 10000 credits a week to get magic and all the other new things. @_@ lower the prices not everyone can play 15 hrs a day.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:49 PM
aliceblue on VMK
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Curious
alice is as Frosty as a Snowman
Personally, I think VMK did us a favor. By giving Bling magic such a high price in the shop, they made it possible for us to sell our extras for some nice credits.

And there are still enough of these pins floating around that players who missed getting them through TDM should be able to trade for them easily, rather than having to buy them.

What VMK really did was add value to what was rapidly becoming a worthless magic pin.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:42 PM
♥qɐɟ ǝɹɐ sʇop ɐʞ1od ʞuıd♥
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Super Sleuth Award Graphics Trio Participant Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Pretty
FabTab is Buried in TreasureFabTab is Buried in Treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenngoofys View Post
To me bling should have been 2000 since snowman is 5000. Seems silly to charge so much after giving it away for free it would be like charging 10000 for coral right now LOL vmk really amuses me. seriously what about all the little kids who cant earn as many credits. it is suposed to be a kids game for goodness sakes how does vmk expect kids in school to earn 10000 credits a week to get magic and all the other new things. @_@ lower the prices not everyone can play 15 hrs a day.
I agree 100%.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:51 PM
new name is: Plugs

Erasers is spinning in a Cursed Storm
ah u can sell ive star for only 2,000 >_< i ain't selling it lol
Old 03-27-2008, 01:01 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
its not only 5* for 2K just single use...
Old 03-27-2008, 02:00 PM
eats shoes
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Spammy
Tyrannosaurus is covered with ConfettiTyrannosaurus is covered with ConfettiTyrannosaurus is covered with Confetti
back in 05 snowman was ONLY 2000. It was so easy to get, but then they raised the price, and if vmk is still around, they will raise it again.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:02 PM
AlwaysBella
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Busy
LadyBella is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacerightsummer View Post
Ok if that is the case then why is Invisibility and Teleportation over 10K? These magic pins have the same status as Bling (they do more I know) but they all have this in common. They have never been sold in stores and they were given out as prizes. It must be new math, but I believe Bling should have been sold for 5,000 credits which I believe is the 'actual' worth of all the retired magics ( with exception to the magics being sold right now ). trading magic is actually a foolish idea since I believe this year all the magic pins are coming out. But at what cost? Honestly anyone spending over 5,000 credits for a magic that has never been sold in stores or even had a monetary value from the start has got to be a mental patient. Yeah I have not bought one Bling yet considering I got all free through Treasure Detector. Even though some laugh at the price of Bling, I was not surprised considering vmk does as they wish and if they want to overprice a magic pin that in reality is only worth 5K credits, then that is just what they are going to do

Fireworks, Invisibility and Teleportation were never sold, but they were not easy to get. Fireworks To acquire: Have at least 240,000 points (retired before the game changed) in Fireworks game, and come in 2nd place or lower for the first pin. For additional pins you need to do this 10 times. Invisibility u had to Win the Original Pirates of the Caribbean 10 times on level 3. u could only do this once ( this pin retired when this game changed). The Teleportation magic I believe was available from DLR and WDW by completing a difficult quest, not sure but i think it is now retired. These methods of aquiring these magic pins make them worth more than the the magic that is for sale, along with the fact that they are popular.

Last edited by LadyBella; 03-27-2008 at 04:27 PM..
Old 03-27-2008, 07:43 PM
Vmk Name:survivorfreak

chipmunk324 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i only have one but i would never buy one because i could buy levitation or shark instead which are much better.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Registered+

UmmYeahOk is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I bought it because I signed up in Nov or Dec of 07 and it was retired. I knew that was the only way people could get it was with the treasure detector magic. I knew from the wiki that after it was released in March, you could only buy it. Being that the best treasure detector prize so far has been 5,000 credits, I went ahead and bought it when I got the 5,000 prize. Especially since I had already purschased every single magic that could be bought (according to the wiki) I also figured it would be retired again in april, and this would be the only way for me to get it.

I do think it should be 5,000 like the snowman, especially since it was so widely availible for everyone in the past. But VMK doesnt figure people play this game longer than a year, so they assume that no one remembers or was around then allowing them to change the value system.

I think it should have been released as a treasure detector finding again, or atleast given out at the sword and the stone along and have the coral be sold.