Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Events > VMK Events Archive

VMK Events Archive VMK Events Archive

Old Official DREAM squad thread #3 (See first page for info) *merged*

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:38 AM
VMK 4 ever
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

gabyta is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberianGirl View Post
Maybe. But I got ears somehow yesterday and I wasn't on the list. I never saw a host all month, and never took my eye off the game when camping out.

Maybe I complained enough on here to get noticed by a host!

I talked to a number of people in-game who mysteriously received a shirt, pin, or ears yesterday who (like me) never saw a host all month.
We could call that: Disney Magic!!
or hosts helping behind scenes, checking inventories and giving out some prizes. I'm glad you got something too!!
Old 10-02-2007, 06:35 AM
♥ Virtually Popular ♥

UrsulasSidekick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraspingClaw View Post
Now it's official. This month is down the toilet.

What an odd promotion. They specifically theme the month to winning prizes, they talk it up in the newsletter, they get everyone excited and then they tell everyone to just play normally and pretend it's not happening. Y'know, VMK, that might be a little easier for people to do if you provided some new games to play, quests to do, things to buy, or special events that required a little more interaction than standing around and blindly hoping. But we didn't get any of that. We just got a big, fat mixed message, which they seem to excel at.

I understand this promotion was supposed to mirror what's currently going on at the parks, but did VMK ever stop to think it through and realize that the audience on this game might be a little different than your average guest at the park? The players here are much more in tune with what's at stake and much more aware of what's being offered, because of the hype and focus you've given it. Winners at the park will all but disappear back into the crowd after they win their prize, but the winners on VMK are in the spotlight; sometimes through simple announcement, sometimes through bragging and/or flaunting; but the evidence is always there, every time they log in, staring them in the face.

Did they realize that people at the parks rarely think about winning Dreams Prizes because of all the other fun activities offered? If so, why not offer some new distractions for the people who aren't winning? Did they understand that you can't completely saturate a game and it's players with an event focused on standing around to win prizes and then expect people to ignore it or to be happy when they don't end up winning anything? Furthermore, shouldn't a "dream" be something you're required to be a little more active to achieve? Shouldn't there be attainable goals and tasks, that are then rewarded for creativity and effort? Not for simply "being lucky"? What does that teach children when it comes to achieving their real dreams?

I wonder what happened to seeing things through the Guest's eyes, and making sure to plan things that will insure a wonderful experience for as many people as possible. Walt obviously excelled at it, and I suppose that's why I'm so let down by VMK time and time again. The team they have now may know computers and pixels and creating some very nice visuals, but they've proven they know very little about the people business. When will players stop making excuses for the employees who get paid to make VMK a game worthy of bearing the Disney name and start realizing that we often go ignored when it comes to our concerns? That customer service is a joke? The reactions and responses often given by various member of staff members to players would never stand in a Disney theme park. I'm not saying they're all terrible people, but being short or rude with a player or booting them for little or no reason, is inexcusable. It may not be the easiest responsibility, but it's far from being difficult, and if you can't handle the job, find a new one.

This month is just an example of them putting very little thought into an event before launching it; as, yet again, a complete lack of foresight has left thousands of players, both young and old, disenchanted and dissatisfied. Last time I checked, that's now how you get people to spend money.
I have a few things to get off my chest:

1. Claw, that rocked. Seriously. Well said buddy.
2. I look at the items this way: Logo Pin: They shrunk the actual Dreams logo down to pin size...Love the creativity - Fairy Pin: I will give it to the designers, this pin rocked. - Castle Suite Room: Snooze Fest. The room isn't even Princess accurate. Sleeping Beauty doesn't have a Castle room in DLR...CINDERELLA has it in WDW. Uh..Duh? - And the ears...Yeah, don't get me started on those. Can se say "St. Patrick's Day hat"? Anyone? Anyone? Meh, tough crowd...
3. There was so much that SHOULD have been done differently about this room it's not even funny. Like for starters...the people that won, should have only been able to win ONE of each item. Not multiples. That leaves the rest of us, who didn't win anything, feeling like a loser. And as far as the favoritism thing goes, there is no way you can tell me that it wasn't there. It was clear and evident.
4. I experienced the nastiest, most disrespectful thing I have ever seen on this game during this month. Im not going to go into it because the person is one of the people that posted in this thread. I will say that the greed and disrespect this person showed made me ill.
5. I really REALLY hope October brings some new and exciting things to VMK or I fear I've just about run out of tolerance with this game.

- Kick -
Old 10-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Registered+

bluegrl is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabyta View Post
I have a crazy idea..
I think that hosts took some titles from our earless list and that's how they got their ears..
It's a possibility
i think the same. i havent been on vmk for liek 2 weeks. and today i saw i had dream ears. i was rather puzzled on why i had them. haha
my name was on that thread/list. maybe thats why i got thm