Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Computer Technical Support > Fixed

Fixed Computer Technical Support archive

Old Omg help!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:56 AM
♥Girlicious♥
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Musical
Yazsmin is as Frosty as a Snowman
Omg help!

Okay, my computer says I'm at risk of a very bad virus. I think it's a worm. I put on my Firewall. My Norton has been off for months. Cuz my mom won't repay it. I'm soooo scared I'm crying. Someone help me please...

Signature and Avatar made by me.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:01 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Pshh, ask someone you know who knows a lot about computers. Don't worry about it too much. If you get a virus, and theres a good chance that it will be Maliciousware, just leave your computer alone for three days. It should go away by itself. If it doesn't, get some software that can get rid of it. If it gets REALLY bad, get a geek squad guy or something.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:06 AM
♥Girlicious♥
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Buzz, I can't ask my mom. She used to be an IT tech. But, I fried my last computer. My dad got me a new one to replace it. And somehow I killed her Windows 96 laptop. Though she fixed it... I can't. She'll be like "you were going to sites I didn't check again, etc." I was on another site looking at Total Drama Island stuff. Then it lagged BAD. And said something was loading. So I pushed like Alt + F4 a bunch of times. (BTW, It said it like records what you type I think... So It can steal info O_O. It said trojan too! @_@) Soon the computer shut down. ( 2 many pushing of the combo butttons ) Then it said the thing about it. Shut down again, ( 2 many) then it repeated the message and now I'm here. OMG I'm SCARED. I need to be comforted. I can't kill this one two. I missed the second half of January to May 20th of VMK because I killed my computer. That was what happened. If I kill this one, I won't get another one unless my dad builds me one. OMG I AM GOING CRAZY!!!

Last edited by TopazR; 01-17-2009 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: minor adjustment
Old 01-17-2009, 04:09 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Oh, well PM me about it. I can't think of anything. Remember, no secrets. Just tell your parents. It'll be better than having to get a new computer.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:12 AM
♥Girlicious♥
Awards Showcase

The message popped up again!!! @_@ I need to calm down. I'd talk to my stepdad but I don't wanna make him mad. I can't upset my mom. She's already mad about me not doing my share to clean the house and stuff. And OMG. I'm just gonna play a nice... Disney Channel game... and breathe...

I'm downloading McAfee. It's my only hope. My stepdad said use it. WHY AM I PANICKING? The internet was even saying it was at risk. So I'm gonna get off. Wish me luck. If ya dun hear from me. Ya know what happened.

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 01-17-2009 at 07:14 AM.. Reason: merged double post
Old 01-17-2009, 04:55 AM
has Left the Building
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Graphics Trio Winner Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

DiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their headDiamondMeme has Fireworks shooting off over their head
BAD MISTAKE in using McAfee. Sure, it helps keep viruses out, but it has NO intention of helping you get rid of them when they pass through. SORRY!
Old 01-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Chululli is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBoy133 View Post
Pshh, ask someone you know who knows a lot about computers. Don't worry about it too much. If you get a virus, and theres a good chance that it will be Maliciousware, just leave your computer alone for three days. It should go away by itself. If it doesn't, get some software that can get rid of it. If it gets REALLY bad, get a geek squad guy or something.
Geek Squad is a lie. & If i could get specifics I can kinda get an idea of something. And Diamonds right. It will detect it, nothing more. IF you wanna get a true security program google Webroot Spy Sweeper. You get a free trial version that lasts like a half year. Save money up until then to buy the real version. Ill post the trusted download site for ya soon
Old 01-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase

Heres the link of free Desktop Firewall (dont worry, this is trusted, I have it and it was downloaded on my computer by a professional): http://www.webroot.com/forms/wdfform...esktopfirewall
Heres the Webroot Internet Secuirty Essentials: http://www.webroot.com/En_US/consume...ssentials.html Im not completely sure on how long these trials last, but I know its more than one day. You can also get an online free computer scan from the site if you want. Hope this helps!
Old 01-18-2009, 02:38 AM
♥Girlicious♥
Awards Showcase

McAfee is doing an adaquete job. I mean, it scans well. But, Zafi.B ( The name of the worm trojan/virus ) and some other trojan thing keeps popping up in the scanner. My mom keeps deleting it. But it won't darn go away for good. It keeps trying to get through. Dunno if it is. I'm scanning right now. Last time I checked, one file was infected or suspicious. So, I'm gonna check real quick... It's check 8390 something files I think. Still one bad file. So maybe one was permanently terminated, while the other is much more... durable I suppose you could call it. I'm gonna look it up on a virus dictionary. The stupid message popped up again. Dear God help me... I'm sure He can help me here. Oh gosh... I'm nervous.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:00 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Don't be. Just download the software that Chululli sudjested and it should be fine.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:14 AM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase

Sometimes theres some viruses that get to you for good in some ways. It may be....I guess you could say jumping and hiding. One got to me and wiped out the file system completely.
And yeah, I suggest downloading those. If you cant you may wanna prepare your things. Back up your important files to CD's. And to lower the chance of you download something bad, i suggest getting McAfee SiteAdvisor or if you have mozilla firefox you can download it as a plug in. It tells you sites they visited that are good, ones that are 100% completely safe, ones that may have a few bad downloads, and ones that are really bad. and it appears on the browser toolbar and stands out in different colors to make sure you notice it
Old 01-18-2009, 03:16 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Yeah. Prepare for the worst and be ready for anything. Viruses are HIGHLY unpredictable.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:21 AM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase

Right now im gonna do some research for ya cause your being quite the nervous one
try using the search feature on your computer and type in the name of that Zafia.B thing. once the search is totally done delete anything that seems to be affiliated with it.
EDIT:Found info on it. Links here:
http://removal-tool.blogspot.com/200...ity-alert.html
http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-win32-zafi-b.html
From what i know its a Win32 worm file (Win32 is basically the area of the whole operating system)

Last edited by Chululli; 01-18-2009 at 03:42 AM..
Old 01-18-2009, 04:34 AM
♥Girlicious♥
Awards Showcase

Win32.Zafi.B is actually not a virus, it's a Trojan that gives a fake security alert to you to try to convince you your computer is infected with a worm trojan. BUT it actually isn't infected with a worm. It gives you a link to a site trying to sell a phony product. That doesn't even supposedly work! It's a fraud and a scam to get money out of innocent people. But thank God that it isn't a real virus, and it's just an annoying scam. It's like an Email Worm. It can also come in from video codec's and file-sharing websites. Such as the art sharing site I was on last night when these weird occurances began. So, my father is currently talking to me on the phone. He's trying to help me out. He like goes on the computer EVERY day. He can even build gaming computers! Both of my parents are computer whizzes! My stepdad know a lot since he worked with editing and stuff. But my mom went to school with it. So, I'm just getting pop-ups of it now. So, McAfee said the Trojan is gone. IDK tho. So, my computer is faster now that it said its gone. But, we are still gonna try to download Spybot onto my computer. My mom won't mind because THAT was on the computer I used to have that was at once time hers. So ya, I think my computer is okay. My dad says it's a pretty cruddy one. It had TOTALLY died before he gave it to me. He wiped the hard drive. And made a backup copy. Which I have somewhere... So if I have to wipe the hard drive (SADNESS! All my piccies... D-'8), I'll be okay. Thanks guys for your help. If you find anything else that may be of use to me, please post it here. Or PM me the information. Again, thank you guys SO much! I will make each of you a graphic to thank you for your kind deed. You really helped me during a time when I needed help. You helped reassure me, and calm me down. You guys are the kind of people this world could use more of!

Old 01-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase

Youre Welcome :-D.
I see you read up on the info. Hope your computers a-okay