VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Magic Kingdoms Archive (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   When is WDW not crowded? (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150351)

PurpleCrazyLava 07-19-2008 12:36 AM

When is WDW not crowded?

When is Disney world NOT crowded? Because when my family goes, I wanna know LOL!?

EtnaGreen 07-19-2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleCrazyLava (Post 2065630)
When is Disney world NOT crowded? Because when my family goes, I wanna know LOL!?

August is normally not very busy and isn't very hot and basically anytime their is school it's not busy.

ozzietropics 07-19-2008 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleCrazyLava (Post 2065630)

The last two weeks of August until the first two weeks of December, after new years until MLK day, MLK day to Spring Break/Easter, and May and early June. :wave2:

NASAMan 07-21-2008 01:03 PM

Typically between 1:00 AM and 8:00 AM everyday.

JK! (But true!)

Please don't even attempt to prognosticate when crowds are low, as normally slow times are seeing an increase of guests from Europe (where the dollar is low, meaning vacations at WDW are cheaper for them). The best thing to do is plan for your trip. Make sure your dinner reservations are in place. Allow time for personal discoveries and to watch and listen to the parades and musicians. Always be prepared for a crowded day: if it is not, it will be a pleasant surprise. Also, look up and know the rules about FastPass. It will help. And above all, enjoy the time with your family! Make a steadfast family rule: no whining! Everybody choose one thing they want to do no matter what, do that one thing for everybody (at the reasonable time - if the one thing is to watch Wishes you will have to wait) and if you have to stand in line for 90 minutes, spend the time chatting with other guests, play guessing games, look for hidden Mickeys or other treats in the queue line (the new Toy Story Midway Mania is great for this) and just enjoy being with your family. AND make sure to thank Mom and Dad a LOT!

EtnaGreen 07-21-2008 02:03 PM

Normally when the park opens to noon, all the people who sleep in get their at noon and it get's crazy. That's why my family goes from opening to noon, go back to the hotel, and come back later.

taylorswiftfan13 07-21-2008 02:30 PM

when we go in february the lines are pretty good.

~taylor

xigbar 07-21-2008 03:17 PM

Alright, here is what my family has done, and it is PERFECT. Small lines, not crowded WHATSOEVER - and you get you miss school! - Alright, about in the second week of school, you should go everybody has school and doesn't miss it, and besides, you're not really into anything in the second week ^_^''' Anyways, I reccomend getting this dinner package thing... idk @_@

DiamondMeme 07-21-2008 05:45 PM

Anytime when the kids aren't on any type of break from school...

Brer_Nick 07-21-2008 06:54 PM

Christmas is usually your best shot. You get off from school and there usually is like half the usual crowd.

EtnaGreen 07-21-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brer_Nick (Post 2067000)
Christmas is usually your best shot. You get off from school and there usually is like half the usual crowd.

I don't know, I was leaving christmaas eve and tons of people were checking, alot more than usual.

SweetChinMusic 07-21-2008 07:44 PM

I've only been there once about 5 years ago, We went during springbreak. Not the BEST idea but it's better than someother days, I would just recommend some random weekday during school.

Friez 07-21-2008 07:59 PM

Pretty much when the Floridians are not in school. Late August is a good time, just very hot. And DO NOT go during Spring Break. Our neighbors have/had a time share in WDW and went during Spring Break. They said it was so bad that they actually went back to their time share place. Eeek.

Brer_Nick 07-21-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtnaGreen (Post 2067019)
I don't know, I was leaving christmaas eve and tons of people were checking, alot more than usual.

I didn't mean over christmas itself. Just the holiday season.

Pinkglitter 07-21-2008 09:25 PM

Good Times to go
August - Sept.
Early to Middle Nov.
April - AWAY FROM EASTER THO
Early December - my opinion Best time to go Not cold not hot and you get to see christmas stuff :)

NO GOS
Christmas Time
Thanksgiving Time
New years
Spring Break
Easter
Late June - July

Every thing else should be normal.

Brer_Nick 07-21-2008 09:35 PM

Early December is what I ment.