VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   VMK Players Discussion (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Sell 1 time use of all magic all the time (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91908)

grayman 11-30-2006 05:36 PM

Sell 1 time use of all magic all the time

I have been mixed on my reaction to the 1 time use magic since it first appeared. I think it is a good idea to make magic more affordable for new players, especially so it can be used in quests that require it. On the other hand, I think that the time limit for use, coupled with the fact that the bat magic was only sold for a limited time make it kind of silly. I think the coral magic is a silly magic anyway, but the 1 time use makes it even sillier. When I get them, I feel like since I can only use it once, that I need to save it for a special occasion. Then, the deadline approaches and I end up just using it for no reason at all. I use all of my other magic whenever I can because they are my favorite pins, so I didn't need 1 time use to get me to use them more.
I think 1 time use treasure detector is a good idea because it keeps a few people who might have an unlimited pin from getting more and more rare items while others get nothing.
I think the best use for 1 time use magic is to allow new players who don't have access to all of the magic to have a lanyard full of magic pins. To achieve this goal, I propose that VMK tear down the Spell Room and replace it with a new shop: the Magic Shop. This shop would sell 1 time use of every magic pin (yes, even inferno) and could be used to sell the other magic pins like Bat and Snowman when they are available. The price for all of the 1 time use magic would be 200 credits, and they would be available year-round.
This is the best of both worlds for all players.
The players who are just starting and don't have rare or can't seem to trade for it could buy the magic and feel a little pride in their lanyard.
Players who already have the unlimited magic would not lose any pride or prestige in their pins as they would if the unlimited pins were sold or made more available. The unlimited pins would be as rare and valuable as ever.
I think that treasure detector could even be sold in the shop as a 1 time use pin because every time you use it is a gamble. People get nothing sometimes, other times they get lots of credits or a rare item.
Also, this shop would have the same effect as the spell room, because players would be able to "test out" the magic pins before they try to trade for an unlimited version. Obviously, the spell room is free and this shop would cost credits, but I have two arguments to support the change. First, the free magic in the spell room only allows you to use it in 1 place. I have always found it quite disappointing to only be able to use the magic at the top of the staircase. The 1 time use Magic Shop would allow players to test out the magic where ever they want. As far as the cost is concerned, 200 credits is less than you earn just by clicking on the NPC's and mixing and playing a mix every day. There is no need to play any minigames or have any special skills to get this amount of credits. I think that is a small price to pay for the opportunity to use a magic like inferno that many players would otherwise never get a chance to try. There is a difference between taking a bag of magic up the staircase and actually having a pin you can wear and display and use when you want, where you want.
Now that you have bothered to read my rambling, incoherent post, what does everyone think?

rabbitprincess 11-30-2006 05:45 PM

i think this is a good idea..you should submit to vmk :)

Dizznygrl 11-30-2006 06:07 PM

It's an excellent idea. Well thought out and logical. Submit it to the Game. Or maybe Yavn is reading.

Diz
:snow_cool:

Neoteny 11-30-2006 06:09 PM

I like this idea! I've never liked the Spell Room, anyway.

PolarFish 11-30-2006 06:12 PM

Or maybe, keep the spell room, just add more magic available to try.
I think it would be cool just adding a little cart selling magic in the Spell room.

Neoteny 11-30-2006 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sukia (Post 1260041)
Or maybe, keep the spell room, just add more magic available to try.
I think it would be cool just adding a little cart selling magic in the Spell room.

With a new NPC doing the selling! I nominate Merlin!

ShadowBurst 11-30-2006 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neoteny (Post 1260046)
With a new NPC doing the selling! I nominate Merlin!

No, Wizard Mickey!

matzb 11-30-2006 06:48 PM

i like that idea if they selled all the avalile magic one time use at 200 credits for each pin that would be cool send it in to vmk

Teselo 11-30-2006 09:56 PM

Wonderful idea! You make an excellent point... the spell room was fun at first but now I never go there jsut because its the same old same old everytime.

As for a new NPC... go Merlin! :)

AstroCool_Dude 11-30-2006 10:06 PM

Wizard mickey Merlin? Pssh what about Master Yen-Sid???

AlexKZ 11-30-2006 10:25 PM

Ehh, I kinda like the iedea of new players getting magic, but from a shop!? How about when they are created they just get the magic? Aslo the Magic Shop would kinda take away the difficulty of some quests when using magic. The piont of have the task of Using a Magic was to make it so people with that could only do that task. Now peole could just o buy the pin, use it, and complete the task.

magicgirldude 11-30-2006 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexKZ (Post 1260434)
Ehh, I kinda like the iedea of new players getting magic, but from a shop!? How about when they are created they just get the magic? Aslo the Magic Shop would kinda take away the difficulty of some quests when using magic. The piont of have the task of Using a Magic was to make it so people with that could only do that task. Now peole could just o buy the pin, use it, and complete the task.

I think the idea of the shop is great, just like the magic shop on main street at DLR (I dont know if WDW has one). I think with magic such as the tomorrowland magic it shouldn't be sold, bc that's what the quests are for. But if u need bat magic to complete a quest, then u should be able to buy it. So I guess, the magic that can be obtained through quests should not be sold.

grayman 11-30-2006 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicgirldude (Post 1260537)
I think the idea of the shop is great, just like the magic shop on main street at DLR (I dont know if WDW has one). I think with magic such as the tomorrowland magic it shouldn't be sold, bc that's what the quests are for. But if u need bat magic to complete a quest, then u should be able to buy it. So I guess, the magic that can be obtained through quests should not be sold.

I would agree with that, the magic pins that are only obtainable by completing quests should stay that way. Thank you for catching this oversight on my part.

grayman 01-09-2007 02:56 AM

I noticed that the spell room is gone now, maybe Yavn has decided to try my idea?

AstroCool_Dude 01-09-2007 02:58 AM

I hope so.. or maybe he just doesn't want us to try magic now?.?