VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite

VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   VMKF's Competitions and Contests (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   VMK Memories - May Contest (https://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156630)

Jezzi 05-03-2010 09:33 PM

VMK Memories - May Contest

http://www.toontowncentral.com/galle...anner_VMKF.png

It is that time of year again. Let's have a walk down memory lane and
remember all the good times we had :balloon:

Post your favorite memory, whether it is of good friends, awesome rooms, fun mini-games or
maybe even winning best guest/game room :icon10m:

Each entry will receive this wonderful award for participating

http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/imag...Award_VMKF.png

LightningBrutus 05-05-2010 01:17 AM

My favorite memory of Vmk was dancing in circles around guests with my friends in town square until the guests left:icon10m:

BuzzBoy133 05-05-2010 01:21 AM

Mine was the Sonic Army.
We would raid rooms and hang in our base and talk about random stuff xD
Good times, good times...

Miketic 05-05-2010 03:16 AM

My favorite memories are playing the Pirates game with other people, hanging around with one of my best friends there-AstroNaia, and probably the one that was a habit and became a tradition-Staying at the Castle Forecourt and wait til the park closes with a bunch of people and some hosts/staffs.

Wow, its about to be two years since then, yet we're still here, and we still remember.

Broccolisprout 05-05-2010 03:22 AM

Dancing every night at the Esplanade starting at 9:58. It was GREAT. We actually got 100 people one time. I counted.

VMKObsessed554 05-05-2010 10:44 PM

Me and my friend Ace

My favorite memory was when I first met my best friend AceMelissa. I went into cheerleading try-outs and she was the cheer captain, of course I got on the team. But it was really funny remembering going into the football room and cheering for the "playing" teams. We always pretended we were doing like flips and cartwheels, spinning on our heads or something. Best moment on there :) But there is plenty more!

Vivi 05-06-2010 02:40 AM

One of my favorite memories was when I became part of the Tron Army.
XD My sister, Palkia, was a Vampire or Pirate, me thinks.
That was so hilarious....
Good times, good times.
OH.
And the time when AwesomeOldKnight and I had a virtual throwing fight using our best friend's princess_monique's moveable crates. She was afk during the entire thing and when she came back she was like 'WHAT HAPPENED TO MY ROOM!?'
...XD

MLKnCookies 05-06-2010 02:52 AM

Almost been 2 years wow.

It was just last year we had the same contest? Time sure does fly.

My favorite VMK memory, now that's a tough one. I'll try to use a different memory than last year's VMK_Lion room visit. ;)

Oh I know. June 3, 2007 I went to Hula's Save the Stranded Swimmer Event and won by entering the correct water slide teleporter. While entering the winning room, called "Pool Party" people told me to hop off the slide, so I did. We had a party and noticed Fin all of a sudden slide by. We all thought we were in trouble or would get banned. Shortly after Hula enters asking us to leave because we were causing a queue. Before I left I friended someone who I still keep in touch with today. :)

TiggerDude 05-06-2010 05:25 AM

I enjoyed the last day, dancing with a HOST at the forecourt. We talked about pancakes a bit, then there was that sad message.

Baconbits 05-06-2010 09:13 PM

This used to be my worst vmk memory throughout my whole game playing experience but now that I look back at it, it's become my favorite.
When I first joined during the beta testing stages I finally earned enough credits to buy a pair of flip flops. I had a debate on which color I should pick and it was between blue and green. I regretted choosing blue for the rest of my "life" but now that I look back at the situation, I'm really grateful that I didn't buy the green flips. It probably sounds so weird to you guys but just think, if I would've bought those flips, what would there be to trade for, and work up to in the game? Trading is how I met a lot of my great online friends and if I had those flips I wouldn't need to trade = ] Trading was one of my favorite parts about vmk, along with making friends, room building, and just having fun.
My worst memory was when: I didn't log-on on day one so i didn't get my "here from day one badge" that still bothers me.

I also remember the tension and excitement, waiting for tomorrowland and frontierland to open up! It took so long! But it was awesome when it finished.

wombat 05-07-2010 05:13 AM

Favorite memory

It has to be the anticipation of each Friday morning to see what would be released or re-released in the stores. Remember when new items would appear in places other than the Emporium???

You would have to go to each shop and hit all the tabs to make sure. Then I found this site and somebody would usually post all the new stuff and where to find it within about five minutes of opening.

I also loved doing the in park quests. It added something Magical to going to WDW that has been missing ever since. I also loved the in-game PDF certificates that were redeemable at VMK Central.

Wombat

TravisSch 05-07-2010 01:29 PM

My favorite VMK memory was having HOST_Phinny visiting my Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool room when it was busy. It was the only room I ever really dedicated my time to making. While I did not win the Best Guest Room award, HOST_Phinny seemed to enjoy the room a lot and so did my guests. :)

Also, I enjoyed new release Friday and getting into VMK just to see what was new in the shops. ;)

MamaJo 05-07-2010 03:10 PM

I've had many, many favorite memories in VMK but one of them was when around Christmas time, I was waiting in line to get into VMKHula's room to play a game and in that room all were having such as a wonderful time talking and playing a mini-game of our own when a private message appeared on my screen from VMKAnnie:Question:. I answered her and she asked if I could keep a secret:Exclamation:. I said yes and all of a sudden "dancing inferno magic" appeared for me to trade:minnie:. I was stunned. At that time dancing inferno magic was difficult to come by. I asked why? and she just responded "just because." That was I would say my best memory and one other--when I received best room award for my ice skating room. :icon7m:

Madilina 05-07-2010 07:37 PM

My favourite VMK moment.....Hmm.....Oh yeah!
It's got to be with my best, never-forgotten, friend 'Nightmare', If I'm correct. We used to always spend time RP'ing (RolePlaying) with each other in his rooms - RP battles, the lot - I wish I could do it all over again! ^_^

If anyone knows where Nightmare is, let me know. (AKA, if he's on this forum)

Zero0911 05-07-2010 07:54 PM

Oh wow....there are too many memories of vmk. I think it was playing pirates of the carriban with all my friends and getting a big win streak. Or when I got my name on the high score boards when they use to have the old pirates of the carriaban.